NEET-UG Admission Process 2021: The Tamil Nadu medical admission counseling will be conducted in an online mode at tnhealth.tn.gov.in.
The DME or the Directorate of Medical Education holds the Tamil Nadu medical admission on the basis of the NEET-UG score (which stands for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test).
The National Testing Agency (NTA) has culminated the NEET 2021 Examinations on September 12 through an offline mode. The results of the most prestigious undergraduate medical exam of India will be declared on the official NTA NEET website — neet.nta.nic.in.
According to the scores obtained by the attendees in NEET 2021, admission to 8,000 MBBS and 2,873 BDS seats will be allotted in the state of Tamil Nadu.
Interested candidates can read further to know more about the Tamil Nadu medical admission process and cut-off details.
- 1 Tamil Nadu medical admission eligibility:
- 2 NEET UG Admission Process
- 3 Tamil Nadu medical admission cut-off:
- 4 Tamil Nadu cut-off for MBBS:
- 5 Tamil Nadu Cut-off for Dental Colleges
- 6 FAQs
- 6.0.1 What is the pass mark for NEET?
- 6.0.2 How many marks are required in NEET for MBBS?
- 6.0.3 What can be the expected cutoff for NEET 2021?
- 6.0.4 Are 12th marks important for NEET?
- 6.0.5 Is 600 a good score in NEET?
- 6.0.6 Is 7000 a good rank in NEET?
- 6.0.7 How many chances are in NEET?
- 6.0.8 Is NEET 50 percentile good?
Tamil Nadu medical admission eligibility:
The basic eligibility criteria for Tamil Nadu medical admission is given below:
- Indian nationals, including non-residents of India (NRIs) or individuals of Indian origin (PIO), are eligible to apply for Tamil Nadu medical admission.
- Candidates must be Tamil Nadu state domicile.
- Other state candidates residing in Tamil Nadu can apply for Tamil Nadu MBBS/BDS admission under the open category.
- The minimum age for applying for the exam is 17 years as of December 31, 2021.
- Candidates from the general category must need 50 percent in their 12th
- Students must have passed class 12 with a minimum of 40 percent marks for the SC/ST/OBC and 45 percent marks respectively in the class 12 examination for the PH category.
Aspirants can appear for the NEET-UG 2021 if they meet the eligibility criteria. In order to take part in the Tamil Nadu medical admission process, applicants must appear and qualify for NEET-UG 2021 scoring the minimum required percentile.
NEET UG Admission Process
The DME is in charge of providing admission to 85 percent state quota seats and 100 percent seats in private colleges in Tamil Nadu medical 2021 admission. A total of three rounds of Tamil Nadu NEET counseling will be held out of which one will be a mop-up round for vacant seats. The procedure for the Tamil Nadu medical admission will follow this order:
- tn.gov.in, the official website will host the counseling of Tamil Nadu medical admission.
- During the counseling session, students will be asked to submit their choice of courses, colleges and locations.
- Based on the state merit rank, NEET score, reservation, and other factors, the seats will be granted to eligible candidates according to their preference.
- Authorities will upload the Tamil Nadu NEET seat allotment list after each round of counseling on the official website.
- Students who will be assigned seats will need to report to the allotted institute for the completion of the admission process according to the admission dates of the institute.
Tamil Nadu medical admission cut-off:
The cut-off is the last score and the corresponding rank at which admission to a particular college is closed for a particular category. The TN NEET UG Cutoff will depend on various factors such as the number of students who appeared for the exams, available seats, and average marks.
Find below the previous year’s cut-off of Tamil Nadu medical and dental admission of the top 10 colleges from the table given below.
Tamil Nadu cut-off for MBBS:
Some of the most prominent Medical Colleges in Tamil Nadu and their expected cut off for the NEET UGC Exam for this year:
Please note that the cut-off differs according to the category you come under, i.e, General, OBC, SC/ST.
|Christian Medical College, Vellore (Institutional Quota)||–||2080|
|Christian Medical College, Vellore ( General )||–||213|
|Coimbatore Medical College, Coimbatore||696||480|
|ESIC Medical College and Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences and Research, Chennai||1890||997|
|KMCH Institute of Health Sciences and Research, Coimbatore||2499||2202|
|Madha Medical College and Research Institute, Chennai||3955|
|Madras Medical College, Chennai||188||93|
|Indira Medical College and Hospital, Thiruvallur||4694||2592|
|Government Vellore Medical College, Vellore||1514||999|
|Government Villupuram Medical College, Villupuram||1689||798|
Tamil Nadu Cut-off for Dental Colleges
Here are some prominent Dental Colleges in Tamil Nadu and their previous year cutoffs.
|College Name||OBC||Open Community|
|Adhiparasakthi Dental College and Hospital, Kancheepuram||18084||11192|
|Asan Memorial Dental College and Hospital, Kancheepuram||21058||–|
|Best Dental Science College, Madurai||19239|
|Chettinad Dental College and Research Institute, Kancheepuram||9473||6267|
|CSI College of Dental Science and Research, Madurai||8484||4876|
|JKK Nattraja Dental College and Hospital, Komarapalayam||14523||9937|
|Karpaga Vinayaga Institute of Dental Sciences, Kancheepuram||14863||9914|
|KSR Institute of Dental Science and Research, Tiruchengode||16601||4414|
|Madha Dental College and Hospital, Kundrathur||20881||–|
|Priyadarshini Dental College and Hospital, Pandur||22238||–|
What is the pass mark for NEET?
NEET cutoff is the minimum qualifying marks to be attained to pass the NEET entrance exam. NEET UG 2021 cutoff for general category students is 50th percentile.
While for SC/ST/OBC and general-PH aspirants, the qualifying percentile for NEET will be 40th and 45th percentile, respectively.
How many marks are required in NEET for MBBS?
For qualifying in NEET, students must have a score minimum of 50 percentile for UR and 40 percentile for SC/ST/OBC category. And to get admission to the Good Private Medical college you must score at least 400 marks in NEET UG.
What can be the expected cutoff for NEET 2021?
Here is the general expected trend for NEET 2021 cutoffs.
|Marks Range||AIR Rank|
|650+||1000 – 2000|
|600+||5000 – 10000|
|550+||15000 – 20000|
|500+||20000 – 30000|
Are 12th marks important for NEET?
Candidates must be 12th passed in order to apply for NEET UG examination. The passing marks scored by an individual must be more than their criteria i.e. UR – 50%, OBC/SC/ST – 40%, PWD – 45%.
Please note that there is no weightage given to 12th marks during the time of admission or counseling.
Is 600 a good score in NEET?
Yes. With a score of more than 600, you can secure an All India Rank between 5000 – 10000, which can warrant you a seat in colleges like Indira Medical College and Hospital, Thiruvallur, Madha Medical College, and Research Institute, Chennai, etc.
Is 7000 a good rank in NEET?
2021 NEET UG results will generally see students with 400+ marks having All India Ranks in the 7000s. With 400+ marks in NEET UG, you can get a seat in good private medical schools or other dental colleges.
How many chances are in NEET?
There is no limit on the number of attempts one person can have for appearing in the NEET examination. Candidates can appear for the exam if they have completed 17 years of age. There is no upper age limit criterion.
Is NEET 50 percentile good?
50 percentile is the qualifying criteria for NEET entrance exams in the general category. So if you have scored more than 131 then you are qualified in NEET.
So, you need to score more than 131 to pass the exam. The college you will be allotted will be according to the entrance exam marks and eligibility.